October 16, 2007

Miserably failed scam

Ohoho... i think i've been scammed today. At least they tried to.. and failed.

A unknown female called me this afternoon from a private number. I replied "Hello" and "who is this?" and instead they asked me if i could speak Chinese. I'm not really that good in it so i told them i wasn't interested in anything. Yet, they insisted if i could spend 5 minutes doing their survey or something and asked what model of hand phone am i using. Out of curiosity, i asked which company are they from and where are they based in. It was a big company in KL and their policy is not to reveal their company's name as to prevent me from giving biased answers later.

I asked what was the purpose of this call again and if this survey take long in English. She told me she couldn't understand and insisted that i continue this conversation with Chinese instead. Wtf! A big company in KL employing someone who doesn't speak english and talks like she's born in China.

Swt! Immediately i knew it was a dumb and badly planned scam!

My wish came true. I have been hoping for someone to try and scam me for so long... ya, i know. A weird wish isn't it. Haha.. I just wanna know how it feels like and why some people are still that dumb.

So, i just continued with the conversation. I told them the phone model and immediately she shouted "Kong Xi Ni ah", "Ni Hen Hao Yun O" and "Something Fu something Xin something". Lol. She told me i was the lucky winner of Rm500,000 and this was actually a contest and they disguised it by telling callers that it was a survey so that it doesn't spread.

I was practically laughing. Not because i thought i won, but really.. it's so funny. Then she asked me for my name, IC, age and particulars. Paiseh, i used your name Wei Len. I was wondering when they would eventually asked me for my bank account or something that sort and she finally did. I told her i forgotten and allow me 5 minutes to go take my account book. It's so obvious i didn't do so and i put my phone in loudspeaker mode. The girl was telling someone in the background "Kuai Kuai.. na pi lai.. wo men chong liao yi ke" (Fast fast.. get a pen.. we got one)

I continued playing my laptop after that and just see what would happen. 15 minutes pass by.. 20 minutes.. and i think the girl was getting restless cause she was speaking in chinese so fast, i couldn't get the words. After 25 minutes or so, she hung up.

I was laughing so loud after she closed the phone, rofl. I think she might be upset that she wasted her money calling me. But Wei Len say if she calls from overseas, i will be charge too. If that happens when the bill comes, i'm gonna kill her.

Anyways, that was fun. In your face, scammers! Hehe..